basket help

  Catalogue
• Palekh
• Fedoskino
  Under $500
  Over $500
• Kholui
• Mstera
• Matryoshka
• Books
• Soldiers
• Icons

• View entire collection
• Browse by Artist
• New items
• Antique
• Sale!

• Gallery of sold boxes

  Information
• Artists
• Fairytales
• Themes
• Creation of a box
• Video
• Guest Book

• Contact us


  Login Form
Username:
Password:
Register

  Subscribe to news


VISA MasterCard




Home > Collection > Fedoskino > Under $500

Share |

0

#008801

Sale!
Title: Churches of Moscow
Artist: Larishev German
Size: 7.5x5x12.5
Size (inches): 3x2x5
Price: $495 $360
Back
 
Description:

German Larishev is the author of this attractive box. Being the son of the famous Fedoskino artist, Gennady Larishev (who has passed us away), German inherited his father's talent and devotion to Fedoskino lacquered miniature art.
The front side of the box's body shows the glorious sight of the Temple of Christ the Saviour in winter when the snow is laying all around, the golden domes of the Churches are hidden under fresh snow.
The magnificent building of the Temple of Christ the Saviour is located downtown Moscow, not far from the Kremlin. It was constructed on a vow given by sovereign Alexander I in gratitude for saving fatherland "from the French Army invasion". On September 10, 1839 the solemn laying of the present temple in Russian-Byzantian style took place. It was constructed under the project of architect K.A.Ton, at the expense of the Treasury with attraction of people's donations. On December 5, 1931 the temple was blown up. Subsequently the foundation ditch was used for the construction of swimming - pool "Moscow". In 1994 the pool was closed. On January 1995, the solemn laying of the revived temple took place. Now the construction is completed. The temple has an active museum where excursions are held and the viewing platform is arranged.
On the box's rear side the artist has painted the The Nativity church at Putinki,one of the most picturesque churches in Moscow and the last major tent-like church in the history of Russian architecture.
The Nativity church at Putinki consists of six exquisite tented roofs arranged in a highly unusual composition. Three candle-like tents, placed in a row, crown the church, while its refectory is surmounted by several rows of corbel arches and the fourth tent. The fifth tent is a belltower placed between the church and refectory. The porch also terminates in a pyramidal roof.
The architecture of each building is painted over silver powder that gives it a three-dimensional look and fills the composition with a festive light. The clouds in the sky are highlighted with gold metal powder. Each scene is framed with a wide band painted in white oils and outlined with gold.
The box is constructed from paper-mache. Black lacquer is used to paint the exterior of the box while red lacquer completes the interior of the work. A hinge is fastened to the top of the scene, and the box rests on a flat bottom. The work is signed with the artist's name, Fedoskino and the year of 2006.




Home  |  Contact us  |  Shipping information  |  About us  |  Links  |  Privacy policy  |  Return policy


Copyright 2003-2011 RussianLacquerArt.com
Design by ProfSolutions.ru